This tutorial is meant for people that want to get involved with the joomla CMS. It is about inserting and editing new content.
Warning: To be able to access all the needed information found here, you have to have author access.
This is a typical user menu, that every author should be able to see. The most important links are:
- Submit Article: Where you can easilly submit your content.
- Edit Article: Where you can make corrections at your old articles.
Click on the Submit Article Link
This is the main page to submit your article, you can distinguish the next important options:
The small icon indicates if the article is already published or it is pending approval.
Clicking here next to the title, will allow you to edit your article.
Lets get into the reason we’re here. Learn how to create new content.
To do so, click on the drop down menu named “New”. This will allow you to select one Main category. If you’re not able to find the category you want to write for, examine the main page’s categories and subcategories in order to find the desired one that is proper for your article.
- If the category you’re about to write, does not exist, drop a message to Admin, together with a small summary of the topic and a suggested name for the category.
When the new page loads, Select the subcategory you want to write an article for and Write the desired title.
Now lets move on, to the next big Section, Editing Text.
This is the main panel that you will use to Create new content or edit.
Everything you type should be inside the Intro Text field and not the Main text.
Let us get familiar with the environment.
Bullets are used to create an unsorted list of content, for example to write five things needed to listen to music.
Numbering is used to create a sorted list of content. Mostly used when writing about things that need to be in order one after another.
Paste from Word Feature. A splendid feature enabling us to paste text from word, with ease.
Preview is one of the most useful features: It creates a pop-up window displaying the outcome of the text you have written so far and how a visitor of the web-page will view it.
Inserting images has never been easier with this feature
Hyper link insertion. Easy feature to help the Authors creating internal and external hyper links.
Smileys! Need to say more? ðŸ˜›
This is the last panel at the bottom of the screen. It is useful for publishers and those who correct what authors wrote. An author should only pay attention to the Save, Apply, Cancel Buttons.
- Save as you can imagine, saves the changes you have made and takes you back to the page you came from.
- Apply, saves the changes you have made up to now but lets you continue editing your text. This helps a lot in case of power failure.
- Cancel button discards all changes you have made up to now and lets you go back to when you came from. Ps. if you haven’t saved at least once, no article will be created.
Needless to mention that most of the settings of this panel are pre-set and you don’t have to alter anything
Those are the the basics of Submitting and article to the joomla CMS!
Thank you for your patience!